Welcome to my blog!
My name is Tom and this blog contains my thoughts and the things I’ve learned during my time in small business and particularly in E-commerce. Here’s what you need to know about me:
- I was born in the US but moved to the foothills of the Austrian Alps at seven years old. The village I grew up in had a population of 2000 people.
- I started my first company at 12 when I organized and founded Austria’s largest street ball tournament series (the title was quickly taken thereafter by Adidas).
- I moved back to the USA to attend college where I first got into Ecommerce. My first stint was as an Ebay Powerseller selling kegerators.
- After graduating college I worked for RosenberryRooms.com and helped grow the company from a four person team in the attic to an industry leading brand.
- During this period, I was also involved and advised several start ups and software companies as well as consulted to small businesses.
- I left RosenberryRooms.com for the big city and moved my family to New York, where I worked as Director of Ecommerce at RugsUSA.com, an Internet Retailer Top 500 company.
- After getting my New York fix, I relocated to Dallas, Texas to work as Vice President of Operations at JMBullion.com, a rapidly growing precious metals dealer.
- Each company I moved to represented a 10x increase over the last one when measured in revenue.
- I currently live in Dallas, Texas with my beautiful wife of 9 years and my insane but endearing 43 year old son.